Québec Program of Detection of Breast Cancer (PQDCS)
This page is addressed to all women and their close relatives who wish to have a deeper understanding of Quebec program for the detection of breast cancer at Laval (Programme québécois de dépistage du cancer du sein - PQDCS). You will find information regarding the services available under this program: tests and support activities for women suffering from breast cancer, procedure to be followed in case of change of address and contact information with PQDCS Laval.
This program is aimed at:
- Reducing by 25% in a ten year period the mortality rate due to breast cancer;
- Improving the early detection of breast cancer in women aged 50 to 69;
- Maximizing the detection of small tumours;
- Improving access to mammography test;
- Ensuring that detection tests are conducted at centres of high quality standards;
- Ensuring that services offered can guarantee satisfaction and maintain women’s quality of life, ensure their needs and rights, mainly the right to confidentiality and to take a clear- minded decision.
The PQDCS is structured and includes a set of services such as:
- Invitation by letter to women to undergo detection tests;
- Mammography detection tests;
- Delivery of results to patients and their practitioner;
- Reminder every two years to women who have accepted to participate in the program;
- Follow up of women who have obtained an abnormal result in their mammography
For further information about detection tests please click here.
To join us:
Madame Pascale Merlet
Centre de santé et de services sociaux de Laval/Centre ambulatoire
Centre de coordination des services régionaux du PQDCS
1515, boul. Chomedey, bureau –351
Laval(Québec) H7V 3Y7
Tel. Info-Sein: (450) 978-2129
Fax (450) 978-8626
Sites of Interest
For further information we suggest you to direct yourself to the following site of interest:
PQDCS, Ministère de santé et de services sociaux, Gouvernement du Québec
Change of address
For a change of address please use the electronic portal of the Government of Québec at the following address:
The name and address of Québec women aged 50 to 69 are transmitted to the program by the Management of Québec Health Insurance (Régie de l’assurance maladie du Québec- RAMQ) twice a year. Thus, it may happen that your new address has not yet reached the Regional Services Coordination Centre (Centre de coordination des services régionaux - CCSR) of your new region. Please bear in mind that the program recommends to have a mammography test done every two years. Therefore, if you believe that it is time for you to undergo a mammography test please get in touch with the CCSR of your new region, (see list below), to let them know your new coordinates. In this way the centre will send you the program invitation letter at the right time.
Please check the list of all centres of Québec Regions with their corresponding coordinates.
Source : Québec Programme of Breast Cancer Detection, Ministry of Health and Welfare, Government of Québec (Programme québécois de dépistage du cancer du sein, Ministère de santé et de services sociaux, Gouvernement du Québec).